This is the resource page for Applied Calculus with R. Please let me know if something can be added that would be helpful to you. Thoughts, comments, ideas, etc. about the textbook are welcome. Send me an email. Also take note the Animations Page, which has useful animations for illustrating calculus ideas. If you are interested in data based thinking you might enjoy my Briefed by Data site: https://briefedbydata.substack.com/
Function Gallery Material
This version of the function gallery has larger graphs and larger font size in the captions for easier reading. Data and models will be updated roughly yearly, but note that the answers to odds in the text will no longer be correct. I may also add new models.
Calculus in the News
This is a list of posts on the blog that quote articles that use some form of calculus terminology, which is typically some form of change. Note the date is the date of the post and not the date of the article, although they are typically close.
- How fast are seas rising? (4/6/2023)
- What is the most recent PIP (poverty and inequity platform) update? (3/30/2023)
- What should we know about oil markets? (12/19/2022)
- Which glaciers may be gone by 2050? (11/7/2022)
- What about methane? (4/11/2022)
- How does climate impact Arctic communities? (10/7/2021)
- How much will tidal flooding increase? (9/2/2021)
- How is the Greenland Ice Sheet Creating Change? (10/29/2020)
The goal for this section is to add extra problems over time. Ideas and contributions are welcome.